Your 200-Hour Syllabus
The syllabus' aim is to bring about the creation of yoga teachers who take their professionalism as seriously as they do their noteworthy class plans. The business of yoga, managing relationships, knowing your financial worth & the teacher-student boundaries are, more than ever before, key components of a successful yoga teacher & their students.
The course will allow you to develop in your own way, as a non-lineage teacher, who is interdependent, brilliantly creative & who can use yoga to look after yourself first & foremost, then to share your gift respectfully with others. Expect, history, philosophy, anatomy, practicum & a thorough grounding in appropriate asana & pranayama.
Module 1 - 30 Hours
- The Meaning of Yoga
- Yoga Sutras and The Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Ethics-Living the Sutras On and Off the Mat
- Living your Highest Possible Life / Encouraging others to do the same
- Yoga and Religion - Introduction to the Bhagavad Gita & Hinduism
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
Module 2 - 50 Hours
- Yoga Asana - Alignment, benefits, contraindications
- Elements of Yoga Class (Warm-UP, Main Phase, Relaxation)
- Meditation, Sound & Mantra
- Classification of Poses & Counter Pose
Module 3 - 50 Hours
- Principles of Preparation
- Principles & Practice of Teaching Yoga
- Reading the Room, Languaging
- Use of music, setting the scene
- Healthy Student/Teacher Boundaries
- Setting up a Yoga Business: Niche Teacher or Entrepreneur
Module 4 - 30 Hours
- Connective Tissue & Muscular System
- The Skeletal, Nervous, Digestive, Endocrine, Cardiovascular & Respiratory Systems
- The Foot, Ankle, Knee, Hip, Psoas, Pelvis, SI Joint, Shoulder Girdle, Hand, Wrist, Elbow & Spine
Module 5 - 20 Hours
- Practice teaching (Asana/Pranayama), languaging, building confidence, sharing feedback & practice appropriate assisting.
- Teaching your own 6 week beginners course.
Module 6 - 20 Hours
- Non-Contact Hours include Class & Workshop Attendances, to be signed off by your class teachers.